Please note the change in dates for agent and artist submissions.
Request to Pitch Deadline is September 18, 2017
Voting By Presenters will be from September 25 – October 6, 2017
Those pitching will be notified by October 9, 2017
Request to Pitch
Each pitch is to be a maximum of 10 minutes. After 8 minutes, we will give you a 2-minute warning (as subtly as we can) and then ask you to stop at 10 min. (as politely as we can). It is best and safest, of course, to keep at least a hair below the allotted time.
- We have allowed for a couple minutes between pitches to set up our tech, but please work to set up as quickly as possible so we do not get behind. Your time will start as soon as tech is complete.
- For technical equipment, we will provide a screen, digital projector, and decent quality sound for the projector/presentation.
- Please bring a flash drive with your files to be presented to plug into the PC provided; or plan to bring your own PC/Mac .
- Standard DVD and CD access will also be provided.
- Free wireless is available at the Atherton Hotel. Please note that it is best to have video files on a USB drive, as meeting WIFI can sometimes be unreliable.
- All pitchers should plan to attend an entire spread from start of all pitches through the roundtables and plan to join for lunch. You are all free to spend the entire day with us until the presenter-only session.
- Your pitch must stick to the project you have been invited to pitch and must not stray from that. You are, however, welcome to bring rosters with you to share at the roundtable or in side conversations; but the conversations should center on the project that presenters nominated.
- Breakfast for everyone on November 14 is on your own. However, for pitchers and registrants, we will provide lunch. If you are arriving on Nov 13, please join the board and other early arrivals for dinner at the hotel. (There is a $40 cost for dinner, which includes a nice meal, desert and wine.)
- There is no need for pitchers to register for the Pitch Party—we will include you on the list automatically. Please be sure to let us know of any dietary limitations.
- If you will be staying overnight, please plan on staying at the conference hotel, the Atherton Hotel. The conference rate, good until October 12 is $93 per night. Reservations at Block rate can be made by calling (800) 832-0132.
- A list of attendees with contact information will be sent out two weeks prior to the event.
We are accepting requests to Pitch for our biennial Pitch Party, November 14, 2017. Submission Period is now closed.
We want to give all our Agent, Artist and Manager members a chance to solicit projects for the 2017 Pitch Party. We are asking for those interested in pitching to the attendees at the Pitch Party; provide a written, “teaser” pitch to be voted on, by the presenter members.
Criteria – Send an email with the following to email@example.com.
- A project or tour that will be available for the 2018/2019 season.
- Description of no more than 50 words.
- Links to websites can be included as part of the description.
- Price points for tour and one offs.
- Please include a photo to use on website/newsletter/survey of the project or tour.
- You must be able to send a representative to the meeting if you apply.
- We will notify you by October 9, 2017 if you have been selected or not.
Deadline for submission is September 18, 2017.